Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The mystery child "Willie Cramer"

My mother, Gloria Danielsen, told me that her grandfather Theodore Martin Cramer said he and his wife, Alice Marie Morrell, had had a son named Willie who died young.
I searched for years for a Willie Kramer/Cramer.
I did finally find in NYC Online indexes a son born to the Cramers who had died at the age of one year.  His name was "Thedore" Franklin Cramer, son of "Thedore" Martin Cramer and Alice Marie Morrell.  He died 25 August 1896 and was buried 27 August 1896 at Silver Creek, which appears to be a cemetery in Richmond [Staten Island} NY.  His place of death was 634 E. 139th, NY, which was the address of Theodore, Alice, their children, and Alice's parents the Morrells.
Perhaps little "Thedore" was called Willie to avoid confusing his name with his father's.  Or, perhaps my mother's memory was inaccurate.  

No comments: