Friday, October 9, 2009

The Basics...

This blog will introduce Martin Kramer, who emigrated from Germany to New York City with his sisters in 1849.  A fair amount of information has been found on his descendants in the U.S., but I have been unsuccessful thus far in finding his origins in Germany.

Martin Kramer married into the Barth family [Clara Rosina Barth, dau. of Charles Barth and Mary Elisabeth Zipp] in New York City, 1855.  I  was lucky enough to "meet", online, two cousins of this family, one of whom has done a tremendous amount of research on the Barth family back to the 1600s in Germany.  You will find this information posted by me on the WorldConnect website.

I would like to outline the info I've found so far on the Martin Kramer family, and welcome any suggestions or information as to his German antecedents.

...to be continued...

No comments: